CCleaner is a freeware PC optimization tool which combines a system cleaner that removes unused and temporary files from your system with a fully featured registry cleaner. CCleaner allows Windows to run faster, more efficiently and gives you more hard disk space.
Archive for May, 2008
Tags: ccleaner, CCleaner 2.08, crap cleaner, Crap Cleaner 2.08, Junk Files, PC Clean
Tags: Ideas, Individual Development, New Ideas, Personality, Personality Development
Generating New Ideas
Think Differently and Spark Creativity
Switch on your creativity!
“We need to think differently!”
“This needs some fresh ideas!”
“We have got to be more creative around here!”
Are messages like these popping up more often in your workplace?
Faced with complex, open-ended, ever-changing challenges, organizations realize that constant, ongoing innovation is critical if they want to stay ahead of the competition.
This is why we need to be on the lookout for new ideas that can drive innovation. It’s why the ability to think differently, generate new ideas, and spark creativity within a team becomes an important skill. You need to work actively on building and cultivating this skill, and it can be done!
Often, though, we make the mistake of assuming that good ideas just happen. Or worse still, we get caught in the mind trap of believing that creativity is an aptitude: some people have it, others don’t. Then there is the other self-defeating belief – “I am not intelligent enough to come up with good ideas.”
These assumptions just aren’t true: Anyone can come up with fresh, radical ideas – you just need to learn to open your mind and think differently. This article shows you how to do so.
How to Generate New Ideas
Standard idea-generation techniques concentrate on combining or adapting existing ideas. This can certainly generate results. But here, our focus is on equipping you with tools that help you leap onto a totally different plane. These approaches push your mind to forge new connections, think differently, and consider new perspectives.
A word of caution – while these techniques are extremely effective, they will only succeed if they are backed by rich knowledge of the area you’re working on. This means that if you don’t have enough information about the issue, you are unlikely to come up with a great idea, even by using the techniques listed here.
Incidentally, these techniques can be applied to spark creativity in group settings and brainstorming sessions as well.
Breaking Thought Patterns
Any of us can get stuck in established thinking patterns. To get unstuck, you need to break out of these, if you’re going to have any chance of generating fresh, new ideas. There are several techniques you can use to do this:
- Challenge assumptions: For every situation, you have a set of key assumptions. Challenging these assumptions gives you a whole new spin on possibilities.You want to buy a house but can’t since you assume you don’t have the money to make a down payment on the loan. Challenge the assumption. Sure, you don’t have cash in the bank but couldn’t you sell some of your other assets to raise the money? Could you dip into your retirement fund? Could you work overtime and build up the kitty in six months? Suddenly the picture starts looking brighter.
- Reword the problem: Stating the problem differently often leads to different ideas. To reword the problem look at the issue from different angles. “Why do we need to solve the problem?”, “What’s the roadblock here?”, “What will happen if we don’t solve the problem?” These questions will give you new insights. You might come up with new ideas to solve your new problem.In the mid 1950s, shipping companies were losing money on freighters. They decided they needed to focus on building faster and more efficient ships. However, the problem persisted. Then one consultant defined the problem differently. He said the problem the industry should consider was “how can we reduce cost?” The new problem statement generated new ideas. All aspects of shipping, including storage of cargo and loading time, were considered. The outcome of this shift in focus resulted in the container ship and the roll-on/roll-off freighter.
- Think in reverse: If you feel you cannot think of anything new, try turning things upside-down. Instead of focusing on how you could solve a problem/improve operations/enhance a product, consider how could you create the problem/worsen operations/downgrade the product. The reverse ideas will come flowing in. Consider these ideas – once you’ve reversed them again – as possible solutions for the original challenge.
- Express yourself through different media: We have multiple intelligences but somehow, when faced with workplace challenges we just tend to use our verbal reasoning ability. How about expressing the challenge through different media? Clay, music, word association games, paint, there are several ways you can express the challenge. Don’t bother about solving the challenge at this point. Just express it. Different expression might spark off different thought patterns. And these new thought patterns may yield new ideas.
Connect the Unconnected
Some of the best ideas seem to occur just by chance. You see something or you hear someone, often totally unconnected to the situation you are trying to resolve, and the penny drops in place. Newton and the apple, Archimedes in the bath tub: examples abound.
Why does this happen? The random element provides a new stimulus and gets our brain cells ticking. You can capitalize on this knowledge by consciously trying to connect the unconnected.
Actively seek stimuli from unexpected places and then see if you can use these stimuli to build a connection with your situation. Some techniques you could use are:
- Use random input: Choose a word from the dictionary and look for novel connections between the word and your problem.
- Mind map possible ideas: Put a key word or phrase in the middle of the page. Write whatever else comes in your mind on the same page. See if you can make any connections.
- Pick up a picture. Consider how you can relate it to your situation.
- Take an item. Ask yourself questions such as “How could this item help in addressing the challenge?”, or “What attributes of this item could help us solve our challenge?”
Over the years we all build a certain type of perspective and this perspective yields a certain type of idea. If you want different ideas, you have to shift your perspective. To do so:
- Get someone else’s input: Ask different people what they would do if faced with your challenge. You could approach friends engaged in different kind of work, your spouse, a nine-year old child, customers, suppliers, senior citizens, someone from a different culture; in essence, anyone who might see things differently.
- Play the “If I were” game: Ask yourself “If I were ………” how would I address this challenge? You could be anyone: a millionaire, Tiger Woods, anyone.The idea is the person you decide to be has certain identifiable traits. And you have to use these traits to address the challenge. For instance, if you decide to play the millionaire, you might want to bring traits such as flamboyance, big thinking and risk-taking when formulating an idea. If you are Tiger Woods you would focus on things such as perfection, persistence and execution detail.
Enablers are activities and actions that assist with, rather than directly provoke, idea generation. They create a positive atmosphere. Some of the enablers that can help you get your creative juices flowing are:
- Belief in yourself: Believe that you are creative, believe that ideas will come to you; positive reinforcement helps you perform better.
- Creative loafing time: Nap, go for a walk, listen to music, play with your child, take a break from formal idea-generating. Your mind needs the rest, and will often come up with connections precisely when it isn’t trying to make them.
- Change of environment: Sometimes changing the setting changes your thought process. Go to a nearby coffee shop instead of the conference room in your office, or hold your discussion while walking together round a local park.
- Shutting out distractions: Keep your thinking space both literally and mentally clutter-free. Shut off the Blackberry, close the door, divert your phone calls and then think.
- Fun and humor: These are essential ingredients, especially in team settings.
The ability to generate new ideas is an essential work skill today. You can acquire this skill by consciously practicing techniques that force your mind to forge new connections, break old thought patterns and consider new perspectives.
Tags: Defrag, Defragmentation, Ultimate Defrag, Ultimate Defrag Freeware Edition 1.72
UltimateDefrag is revolutionary defrag software that not only lets you defrag, but also considers a more important phenomenon, and that is, the placement of files and folders on your hard drive. With UltimateDefrag you can place the files you want the best performance from onto the faster areas of your hard drive and also get all of your unused data right out of the way and repositioned onto the slower areas of your hard drive in order to make way for the data that you want to place in the “hot” sections of your hard drive where performance is greatest.
UltimateDefrag lets you specify defrag routines right down to the individual file and folder level. No other defragger has previously enabled you to do this to this extent and with this kind of power and flexibility.
UltimateDefrag has a High Performance file section option so that you can get the best possible performance out the programs you want the best performance from, whether it’s a particular game, program or data file. You can move these programs and files ahead of other files and folders to the area of your drive that gives you the best performance.
You choose the files that you want performance from and those that you don’t or let UltimateDefrag do it for you – automatically based on file usage. UltimateDefrag is very powerful yet very easy and intuitive to use. Once you understand the basic concepts and issues that slow your hard drive and principles that result in increased performance you can use UltimateDefrag as a powerful tool to give you hard drive file access that will perform significantly faster than what hard drive manufacturers quote for their hard drive’s performance.
When done right – these principles of performance promotion, that UltimateDefrag enables you to address, all compound like magic to give you performance that you have not previously experienced from your hard drive. After defragging and optimizing with UltimateDefrag – your whole PC will respond with the speed and sprite as when it was new. You’ll see the performance results instantly!
If you decide that you do not want to use all of the advanced options and simply want a fast reliable defrag, then you can also use UltimateDefrag for that purpose only. Simply select the AUTO option and you’ll be enjoying what is probably the fastest and cleverest defrag engine on the market even with its approach to standard defragging which uses efficient “in- place” defragging algorithms for fast, reliable and complete defrags. One other item that you’ll find incredibly amazing about UltimateDefrag is the size of the program itself – only 1.7 Mb! You’ll be amazed that so much power can be packed into such a small program. One thing that UltimateDefrag isn’t and that’s bloatware!
Developer Notes: We have provided this free version because it is the original version 1 release and has been superseded by UltimateDefrag 2008. You are in no way obligated to do so, however, if you want the latest, most advanced version of UltimateDefrag, you can always visit our website at http://www.disktrix.com and purchase the latest version. If you don’t wish to get the latest version, then you can continue to use and share, this free public domain edition to your heart’s content and without any obligation to buy.
NetInfo is a collection of 15 different state-of-the-art network tools on a single, easy-to-use interface. Designed from first-hand experience, NetInfo allows businesses to more effectively combat network downtime by allowing network administrators, webmasters, and Internet service providers to more accurately isolate faults, simplify processing of diagnostic data and increase internal network security.
– Displays system IP addresses and MAC addresses.
– Displays all local TCP/IP connections and their foreign connection IP address.
– Allows you to quickly verify network connectivity to another IP address on the network.
– Displays a list of routers between your system and the destination system.
– Allows you to perform DNS forward and reverse lookup queries.
– Displays information about users currently logged on to a specified server.
– Allows you to query contact information for domains registered with a Whois server.
– Displays the local time of day for any remote host specified.
– Allows you to query the time value from a remote time server and synchronize the time value with your local system clock.
– Allows you to view quotations from a remote Quote server.
– Displays the HTML header code for any Web page address specified.
– Scans for host names for a particular range of IP addresses and displays the state of each IP address in the range.
– Lists the available network services (HTTP, Telnet, DNS, SMTP, and so on) for a particular host.
– Allows you to verify any e-mail address by simply entering a full user principal name (email@example.com).
– Displays available online tools, how-tos, tips, and news.
Tags: Browser, Browsers, Firefox, Firefox 3 Release Candidate 1, Firefox RC 1, Mozilla, Mozilla Firefox
Released: May 16, 2008
This Firefox 3 Release Candidate is a preview release of Mozilla’s next generation Firefox browser and is being made available for testing purposes only.
Preview releases are published to collect feedback from Web developers and our testing community before advancing to the next stage in the release process. The final version of Firefox 3 will be released when we qualify the product as fully ready for our users. Users of the latest released version of Firefox should not expect all of their add-ons to work properly with this preview release.
Please see below for an extensive list of features and enhancements found in Firefox 3, as well as known issues and frequently asked questions. As always, we appreciate your feedback either through this feedback form or by filing a bug in Bugzilla.
What’s New in Firefox 3
Firefox 3 is based on the Gecko 1.9 Web rendering platform, which has been under development for the past 33 months. Building on the previous release, Gecko 1.9 has more than 14,000 updates including some major re-architecting to provide improved performance, stability, rendering correctness, and code simplification and sustainability. Firefox 3 has been built on top of this new platform resulting in a more secure, easier to use, more personal product with a lot more under the hood to offer website and Firefox add-on developers.
- More Secure
- One-click site info: Click the site favicon in the location bar to see who owns the site and to check if your connection is protected from eavesdropping. Identity verification is prominently displayed and easier to understand. When a site uses Extended Validation (EV) SSL certificates, the site favicon button will turn green and show the name of the company you’re connected to. (Try it here!)
- Malware Protection: malware protection warns users when they arrive at sites which are known to install viruses, spyware, trojans or other malware. (Try it here!)
- New Web Forgery Protection page: the content of pages suspected as web forgeries is no longer shown. (Try it here!)
- New SSL error pages: clearer and stricter error pages are used when Firefox encounters an invalid SSL certificate. (Try it here!)
- Add-ons and Plugin version check: Firefox now automatically checks add-on and plugin versions and will disable older, insecure versions.
- Secure add-on updates: to improve add-on update security, add-ons that provide updates in an insecure manner will be disabled.
- Anti-virus integration: Firefox will inform anti-virus software when downloading executables.
- Vista Parental Controls: Firefox now respects the Vista system-wide parental control setting for disabling file downloads.
- Effective top-level domain (eTLD) service better restricts cookies and other restricted content to a single domain.
- Better protection against cross-site JSON data leaks.
- Easier to Use
- Easier password management: an information bar replaces the old password dialog so you can now save passwords after a successful login.
- Simplified add-on installation: the add-ons whitelist has been removed making it possible to install extensions from third-party sites in fewer clicks.
- New Download Manager: the revised download manager makes it much easier to locate downloaded files, and you can see and search on the name of the website where a file came from. Your active downloads and time remaining are always shown in the status bar as your files download.
- Resumable downloading: users can now resume downloads after restarting the browser or resetting your network connection.
- Full page zoom: from the View menu and via keyboard shortcuts, the new zooming feature lets you zoom in and out of entire pages, scaling the layout, text and images, or optionally only the text size. Your settings will be remembered whenever you return to the site.
- Podcasts and Videocasts can be associated with your media playback tools.
- Tab scrolling and quickmenu: tabs are easier to locate with the new tab scrolling and tab quickmenu.
- Save what you were doing: Firefox will prompt users to save tabs on exit.
- Optimized Open in Tabs behavior: opening a folder of bookmarks in tabs now appends the new tabs rather than overwriting.
- Location and Search bar size can now be customized with a simple resizer item.
- Text selection improvements: multiple text selections can be made with Ctrl/Cmd; double-click drag selects in “word-by-word” mode; triple-clicking selects a paragraph.
- Find toolbar: the Find toolbar now opens with the current selection.
- Plugin management: users can disable individual plugins in the Add-on Manager.
- Integration with Windows: Firefox now has improved Windows icons, and uses native user interface widgets in the browser and in web forms.
- Integration with the Mac: the new Firefox theme makes toolbars, icons, and other user interface elements look like a native OS X application. Firefox also uses OS X widgets and supports Growl for notifications of completed downloads and available updates. A combined back and forward control make it even easier to move between web pages.
- Integration with Linux: Firefox’s default icons, buttons, and menu styles now use the native GTK theme.
- More Personal
- Star button: quickly add bookmarks from the location bar with a single click; a second click lets you file and tag them.
- Tags: associate keywords with your bookmarks to sort them by topic.
- Location bar & auto-complete: type in all or part of the title, tag or address of a page to see a list of matches from your history and bookmarks; a new display makes it easier to scan through the matching results and find that page you’re looking for. Results are returned according to their frecency (a combination of frequency and recency of visits to that page) ensuring that you’re seeing the most relevant matches. An adaptive learning algorithm further tunes the results to your patterns!
- Smart Bookmarks Folder: quickly access your recently bookmarked and tagged pages, as well as your more frequently visited pages with the new smart bookmarks folder on your bookmark toolbar.
- Places Organizer: view, organize and search through all of your bookmarks, tags, and browsing history with multiple views and smart folders to store your frequent searches. Create and restore full backups whenever you want.
- Web-based protocol handlers: web applications, such as your favorite webmail provider, can now be used instead of desktop applications for handling mailto: links from other sites. Similar support is available for other protocols (Web applications will have to first enable this by registering as handlers with Firefox).
- Download & Install Add-ons: the Add-ons Manager (Tools > Add-ons) can now be used to download and install a Firefox customization from the thousands of Add-ons available from our community add-ons website. When you first open the Add-ons Manager, a list of recommended Add-ons is shown.
- Easy to use Download Actions: a new Applications preferences pane provides a better UI for configuring handlers for various file types and protocol schemes.
- Improved Platform for Developers
- New graphics and font handling: new graphics and text rendering architectures in Gecko 1.9 provides rendering improvements in CSS, SVG as well as improved display of fonts with ligatures and complex scripts.
- Color management: (set gfx.color_management.enabled on in about:config and restart the browser to enable.) Firefox can now adjust images with embedded color profiles.
- Offline support: enables web applications to provide offline functionality (website authors must add support for offline browsing to their site for this feature to be available to users).
- A more complete overview of Firefox 3 for developers is available for website and add-on developers.
- Improved Performance
- Memory usage: Several new technologies work together to reduce the amount of memory used by Firefox 3 over a web browsing session. Memory cycles are broken and collected by an automated cycle collector, a new memory allocator reduces fragmentation, hundreds of leaks have been fixed, and caching strategies have been tuned.
- Reliability: A user’s bookmarks, history, cookies, and preferences are now stored in a transactionally secure database format which will prevent data loss even if their system crashes.
Downloading Firefox 3
- Mozilla provides Firefox 3 for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X in a variety of languages.
- We recommend that you read the release notes and known issues before choosing to install this release candidate.
Language Version Windows Mac OS X Linux Afrikaans Afrikaans 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Albanian Shqip 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Arabic عربي 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Basque Euskara 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Belarusian Беларуская 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Catalan català-valencià 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Chinese (Simplified) 中文 (简体) 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Chinese (Traditional) 正體中文 (繁體) 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Czech Čeština 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Danish Dansk 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Dutch Nederlands 3.0rc1 Download Download Download English (British) English (British) 3.0rc1 Download Download Download English (US) English (US) 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Finnish suomi 3.0rc1 Download Download Download French Français 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Frisian Frysk 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Georgian ქართული 3.0rc1 Download Download Download German Deutsch 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Greek Ελληνικά 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Gujarati ગુજરાતી 3.0rc1 Download Download Hebrew עברית 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Hungarian Magyar 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Indonesian Bahasa Indonesia 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Irish Gaeilge 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Italian Italiano 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Japanese 日本語 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Korean 한국어 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Kurdish Kurdî 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Lithuanian lietuvių kalba 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Macedonian Македонски 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Mongolian Монгол 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Norwegian (Bokmål) Norsk bokmål 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Norwegian (Nynorsk) Norsk nynorsk 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Polish polski 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Portuguese (Brazilian) Português (do Brasil) 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Portuguese (Portugal) Português (Europeu) 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Punjabi ਪੰਜਾਬੀ 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Romanian română 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Russian Русский 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Serbian српски 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Slovak slovenčina 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Spanish (Argentina) Español (Argentina) 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Spanish (Spain) Español (de España) 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Swedish Svenska 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Turkish Türkçe 3.0rc1 Download Download Download Ukrainian Українська 3.0rc1 Download Download Download
Tags: Java, Java Runtime, Java SE Runtime Environment 6 Update 10 Beta, Java Virtual Machine, JVM, Runtime, Runtime Environment
Java Runtime Environment (JRE) enables your computer to run applications and applets that use Java technology. Java technology allows you to work and play in a secure computing environment. Java technology is in cell phones, automobiles, the Mars Rover, and many other places. By downloading it to your computer, you will be able to experience the power of Java software. The Java Virtual Machine is only one aspect of Java software that is involved in web interaction. The Java Virtual Machine is built right into your Java software download, and helps the Sun JRE run Java applications.
Changes in this beta version:
* Improved reliability
* Per-applet control of JRE command-line arguments
* Per-applet control of JRE memory settings, larger maximum heaps
* JNLP support
* Per-applet JRE version selection
* Improved Vista support
Tags: Network Installation Package, Windows Update, Windows Xp SP3, Xp SP3 Checked Build, Xp SP3 ISO CD Image
While Microsoft was supposed to release Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) on April 29, 2008, the service pack only became unofficially available on the download.windowsupdate.com domain. Today, XP SP3 has officially hit the Release to Web (RTW) milestone. In other words, SP3 is available both on Windows Update and the Microsoft Download Center.
The final build of SP3 (5512) reportedly includes 1,073 fixes, including every security update, out-of-band release, and hotfix released since Windows XP SP2 hit Microsoft’s servers back in August 2004. The release notes for SP3 have also been updated, as has the MUI pack. Also, make sure you know what to do with your version of Internet Explorer before installing the service pack.
Tags: cleaner, crap cleaner, Crap Cleaner 2.07.575
Cleaner is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. It removes unused files from your system – allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. But the best part is that it’s fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware
This release adds Firefox 3.0 support including history and cookies which had been moved into a more complex database structure. Additionally we’ve add a good range of performance tweaks and bug fixes for foreign language versions.
- Firefox 3.0 support added.
- Fixed bug where figures were missing for KB/MB sizes.
- Fixed bug where some IE cookies were being missed.
- Improved scan time accuracy.
- Internal memory management improvements.
- Registry settings moved to HKCU\Software\Piriform\CCleaner.
- Fixed bug where CC could get locked in System Tray.
- Renamed MSN Messenger to Windows Live Messenger.
- Added MS Office Picture Manager to applications.
- Fixed uninstaller tool bug on 64-bit OS.
- Minor GUI improvements.
- Minor bug fixes.
– No Installer
– No Toolbar
Tags: Win Xp SP 3 Review, Windows Xp Service Pack 3 Review
oh boy, after a long time I got a chance again to install a bunch of digital fruits (Drivers) – Service Pack 3 for Windows Xp Pro version😀
As usual it took lot of resources when extracting the files. you can download the standalone version from my blog (link).
However, take below precautions before you install the service pack:
- Exit all Spyware programs.
- Disable all Antivirus Softwares, please do not try to exit these programs as they may create error messages when you try. so try not to exit Antivirus programs.
- Exit any Handy CAM softwares – especially task bar icons (Icons like Sony Picture Package Menu)
- Exit all DVD related softwares in order to avoid .dll crash
- Exit Lavasoft Ad-Aware program as it may slow down the installation process. Also exit the Lavasoft Ad-Watch program from taskbar, incase if you have enabled it.
- Disable Local Area Connection (LAN) or Internet Connection.
- Incase if you are using any Firewall like Zonealarm, Mcafee or Norton, etc., please go into Game Mode before you install SP3
❗ Incase if you experience any error inbetween the setup restart your PC and exit all programs if you have any doubt.